The Hill Stations Tour
- 7 Nights Himachal
Surrounded by pine-clad mountains and spectacular views, Dalhousie is a gem of a hill station in India. Located in western Himachal Pradesh, it has a quaint and laid-back atmosphere. The scenery is very vivid with flowering rhododendrons and dense forests filled with pines, oaks, and deodars. The town was established by the British as a summer retreat for their officials. Referred to as the Queen of Himachal Pradesh, Manali is an ancient town that is located at an altitude of nearly 2050 meters in Kullu district. Manali is blessed with breathtaking natural beauty that comprises lofty snow-capped peaks of Dhauladhar and Pir Panjal, thick forests, fruit orchards, beautiful hamlets and meado.
DAY 1 - Let The Adventure Begin! (Drive from Pathankot to Dalhousie- 85 km/approx. 3 hours)
- In the morning, start on your journey to the picturesque hills of Dalhousie. Located in Himachal Pradesh, this ensnaring hill station, is named after a British Viceroy called Lord Dalhousie and boasts of an amazing old world charm that includes colonial architecture and old churches. Positioned across five hills (Potreys, Tehra, Kathlog, Bakrota, and Balun) Dalhousie is located at an elevation of 2036 m above sea level. Dotted with snow-capped mountain peaks, groves of pines, deodars and Oaks, the town serves as a gateway to the ancient Chamba Hill, now Chamba district, known for its ancient Hindu culture and temples.
- After reaching Dalhousie, check-in to your hotel and relax for a while. Later you can venture out to enjoy the scenic locales and also explore the local markets.
- Treat yourself to some wholesome food at one of the local eateries and return to the hotel for a good sleep.
DAY 2 - Let’s Look Around (Sightseeing in Dalhousie)
- Today is your date with Dalhousie as you venture out for a full day sightseeing tour.
- We begin with a visit to Panchpula. Home to many water springs, it's best known for Satdhara, a spring believed to contain medicinal and healing properties. Also, get to see a monument built in memory of freedom fighter Sardar Ajit Singh.
- Your stint with history continues as you visit Subhash Baoli, a place built in memory of Subhash Chandra Bose who spent some time here in 1937. A popular picnic spot, the Baoli offers enchanting views of snow capped hills and towering trees. Soak in all the beauty at this spot that offers comfortable seating.
- Later, pay homage at the Bhulwani Mata Temple at Bara Pathar. Last, witness the stunning view of snow-capped peaks at Bakrota Hills, situated at the height of 2085 m above sea level. This day ends with your return to the hotel to get a good night's sleep.
DAY 3 - A Date with Dalhousie (Dalhousie)
- Today, you have the opportunity to explore Dalhousie as you like. Spend your day at leisure at the hotel or visit some the tourist spots that enthralled you the most the previous day.
- Overnight stay at the hotel.
DAY 4 - Drive from Dalhousie to Dharamshala (120 km/approx. 4 hours)
- In the morning, start your road journey to Dharamshala.
- Surrounded by dense pine trees, deodar forests, numerous streams, Dharamshala is situated in the Dhauladhar ranges of Himalayas.
- As you reach Dharamshala, you check into your hotel room and spend the evening at leisure in the company of your loved ones. Overnight stay in Dharamshala.
DAY 5 - Exploring Dharamshala (Sightseeing in Dharamshala)
- A sightseeing tour of Dharamshala awaits you this morning. Enjoy its colorful temples and gompas, the Kangra Museum, Dal Lake, St. John's Church among other attractions.
- Dedicated to Lord Elgin, Viceroy of India during the 19th century, St John’s Church is built in the neo-Gothic style and surrounded by pine, fir and deodar trees.
- Visit the Tibetan Medical Centre located in Kangra and learn about the traditional system of Tibet for preparing medicinal pills. At Kangra, you can also visit the Art Museum where artifacts that belong to the 5th century are showcased.
- After exploring Dharamshala, return to the hotel and relax. Enjoy your evening at leisure and stay overnight at the hotel.
DAY 6 - Hello, Shimla! (Drive from Dharamshala to Shimla- 210 km/approx. 5 hours)
- In the morning, check-out from the hotel and drive to Shimla.
- The capital of Himachal Pradesh, Shimla is known as the Queen of Hills. Shimla, a beautiful hill resort in Himachal Pradesh, was treated as a summer capital during the British regime and boasts of colonial architectural, serpentine streets and beautiful hills.
- Once you reach Shimla, check-in at the hotel and spend the rest of the evening in leisure activities. You can either hang out at the mall road and indulge in some retail therapy or you can go for some sightseeing to explore places like Jakhoo Temple, Kali Bari Temple and Himachal Museum and Library.
- The night is spent in the comforts of your room at the hotel in Shimla.
DAY 7 - Sightseeing in Shimla
- This day is booked for a fun sightseeing tour of Shimla. Alternatively, you can undertake an excursion to Kufri, a breathtaking hill station at a distance of about 16 km from Shimla.
- Kufri, located at the foothills of Himalayas attracts numerous tourists round the year. In the winter months, most adventure enthusiasts head to this to indulge in adventure activities including trekking, skiing, and trekking among others. You can also hike (or hire a mule) to climb the Mahasu Peak- the highest point in Kufri. Offering panoramic (and spectacular) view of the Himalayan mountain ranges like Badrinath and Kedarnath, this place is a delight for any visitor.
- After this, come back to the hotel in the afternoon and relax for a while. In the evening, you can step out to enjoy the mall road, lined with numerous restaurants and shops selling traditional items and wooded crafts.
- Thereafter, return to the hotel and for a good night's sleep.
DAY 8 - Home Calling (Drive from Shimla to Pathankot- 341 km/approx. 8 hours)
- In the morning, embark on a road journey to Pathankot to return home with a bag full of memories.
- Welcome drink on arrival.
- Parking and Toll tax.
- Meet & greet on arrival.
- 07 Breakfast & 07 Dinners.
- Pick and Drop at time of arrival/departure.
- Driver's allowance, Road tax and Fuel charges.
- Sightseeing by private car.
- All hotel and transport taxes & Driver Allowances.
- All transfers and sightseeing by personal car.
- 07 Nights Accommodation on double sharing basis.
- Camera fee.
- Alcoholic / Non- Alcoholic beverages.
- Travel insurance.
- 5% GST.
- Any Airfare / Train fare.
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, and vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
- Tips, laundry & phone call.
- Entrance fees to monuments and museum.
- All personal expenses.
CUSTOMIZE AND BOOK NOWEnter your contact details and we will plan the best holiday suiting all your requirements.